20 September, 2004

NP: Uncle Tupelo - October 15, 1993

No Luck At All

It's 10:40 at night and I've got a massive caffeine buzz going. For no good reason. I have Seasons of Fear (just how does one format the name of an audio drama?) queued up and a set of headphones awaiting me but I'm not ready for bed quite yet.

I feel bad as I've neglected the book I've been reading - God's Secretaries. And I'm also keen on starting Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle. I downloaded what's available but haven't started reading.

No thanks to the grindstone...

I have to write a review of a Cowboy Junkies album which I really don't care for all that much. How could a band that likes Neil Young so much be so incredibly boring? Listening to it is having the adverse effect of making me like Harvest Moon less. I've never had it happen to me before whereby my dislike of one band carried over to another that I enjoy greatly. There must be a scientific term for this phenomenon. "Ennui transposition" perhaps.

No comments: