29 September, 2004

Retro-Chic

While I’m not sure what it means, I feel compelled to admit that I’m listening to Phil Collins. I snagged this really pukka soundboard recording from Australia 1985. No, no “Sussudio” for your humble narrator – “Hand in Hand” instead. And I do this while wearing my new Hieronymous Bosch t-shirt. Some folks think they're all retro-cool because they look like they stepped out of That 70s Show - fuck that. I prefer that 15th century retro thing.

I spent part of yesterday evening down at Mother Fool's surfing the Net and watching Doctor Who. (I also saw this supermodel chickie. She must have been 6'5" and 90#. She had a beautiful face but was so thin and curves were so absent that she looked freaky. Do guys really go for womyn who look like they'd snap in half if you tried to fuck them?) I was just in need of some solitude as I'd received an email from The Dulcinea with lines such as:

"You and I do have that thing that is not a thing thing in common, but I like you more than just a person I fuck...But I'm not so keen on the fact that I'm not a part of your life with the exception of our time together."

She and I as a combo are not long of this earth. At least I have some, in her words, "unsure
relationship status sex" to look forward to. ("I'm not done with you yet," she threatened.)

Enough blathering. I've switched to Pavement - April 23, 1994. You've gotta love Steve Malkmus yelling, "I'm not your neighbor!" I must cook up some lunch for Mel as I'm catering today. I'm sure she's had enough of hospital food. Tonight I'm going to see Zatoichi with Lush and Pete or Stevie. If Pete goes, then Stevie will refrain and visee versee.

Recently added to my collection is this Pixies show from 1992 recorded here in Madtown. I'll check it out later. Currently downloading is a collection of outtakes from the Leige and Lief sessions by Fairport Convention. Hopefully these instrumental takes of "Matty Groves" feature some good licks by Dick Thompson.

OK - off to cook!

No comments: