18 April, 2005

A Murder of a Friday

Friday was a wash. I met Otto out at the regional office by the airport for the SP2 rollout, which went smoothly. My back, however, was fucked up. I had strained it on Thursday morning setting down a full laundry hamper and it was about the same at the office. We helped out on a few problems but mostly sat around waiting for someone's PC to break. We planned on leaving at 2 and were ready by 1:58 when the hot blonde of the joint, Linda, approached us. Apparently word had gotten around about our departure time and a manager suddenly lapsed into anamnesis and sent her scurrying to find us. Otto was in hurry to bail as he was off to Dodgeville to re-enact battles from Lord of the Rings over the weekend so it was left to me. Well, that and I was technically the team lead. So I accompanied the lovely lady downstairs. I ended up staying until 3:30 getting a laptop that hadn't been on the network in several months upgraded. First, the ZenWorks DMA needed to be upgraded. Then the anti-virus software. Finally I could install SP2. At least I got to chat with Linda for a while and try to peek down her blouse. (I was unsuccessful.)

After work, I went home and basically hit the rack after popping some pain killers. After sleeping the sleep of the dead, I awoke around 4 on Saturday…

No comments: