23 November, 2009

The Bane of the Blue TARDIS

Michael Moorcock has agreed to write a Doctor Who novel.

Now the vast potential of what I can write is beginning to dawn on me. Far from thinking in terms of fun I've become a little scared. All time and space is open to me. I have to mix comedy and melodrama while telling an epic adventure story featuring a complex protagonist capable of ranging across the entire multiverse. I'm increasingly overawed as I consider what I must live up to. Hardcore fans are already questioning my qualifications. I can only hope I'm equal to the job.

Perhaps he'll write a story that takes as his final regeneration comes to a close with a weak, albino Doctor who uses his sonic screwdriver to suck down souls to keep himself alive. At the end, he'll kill Rose and the screwdriver will float away saying, "I was a thousand times more clever than thou!"

No comments: