09 December, 2009

Pan & Pan Bakery (& Mexican Restaurant)

Last week I was at Antojitos el Toril waiting for my food and I found myself thumbing through Voz Latina Newspaper when I stumbled onto an ad for Pan & Pan Bakery & Mexican Restaurant which has opened in the old Popeye's by Woodman's east. I just had to give it a go.

When I went, I found that the restaurant bit is still a work in progress. Indeed, I found absolutely nothing indicating they were actually serving food. On the bright side I found lots of tasty sweets to be had.



The flan was incredibly tasty with the caramel-soaked bottom being particularly addictive.



The doughnuts/pastries were also excellent. Of special note was the chocolate-glazed doughnut. The dough was very moist and had a lighter mouthfeel than most cake doughnuts. Plus the glaze wasn't just powdered sugar in water with food coloring. It was honest to Christ chocolate which wasn't super sweet and retained lots of the bitter chocolate goodness. Hands down the best chocolate-glazed cake doughnut in town.

I shall be returning to check out their breads and to find out if they've started serving food.

2 comments:

Joe Walts said...

I'm a big fan of Antojitos el Toril. I can even afford to eat there! With Bongo Video established and Happy Bambino coming soon (I can't really afford to shop there), my neighborhood is becoming the center of the universe.

Skip said...

We are too. I love their pozole and the enchiladas we had were great. I had the green ones and The D had the red ones. Both quite tasty.

Just wait until the factory becomes a mall. *Then* your neighborhood will be the center of the universe. ;)