10 December, 2009

Kaniktshaq moritlkatsio atsuniartoq - Dec. '09 Edition

Well, we certainly got our asses handed to us in the weather department yesterday. That blizzard was in the top three that I've seen. I spent roughly 5 hours shoveling and blowing snow around starting at six o'clock this morning and this cube farmer is still sore all over.

With the exception of a lone snow blower, no one was out in the wee hours. After shoveling for a short time, I realized that no buses had passed. After 45 minutes, I took a break and headed inside only to find that the buses weren't running and that the office was closed. From there it was more shoveling and still more after the plows came through. My neighbor and I helped each other to dig our cars and I thought I was done for the day when The Dulcinea's mother called. Then it was off to help her dig out.





Although achy, it was a beautiful day before the temperatures started dropping. Very pretty outside and I got to chat with neighbors whom I had never met before as I helped dig out driveways.





I got a ride into work this morning and Willy Street was a mess thanks to some people who couldn't be bothered to move their cars. No, they weren't plowed in - these people were just arsewipes. It didn't help that there's about 3" of ice on the street either.





The Daily Page has some nice links to photos and videos chronicling snow mayhem and the massive snowball fight on Bascom Hill.

No comments: