27 September, 2010

Beware The Daily Page

Caveat surfer. Isthmus' site, The Daily Page, is giving lots of viruses. Or, more likely, the ads on the site are giving viruses. Infected PCs are getting Anti-Virus Studio - malware.

I've been getting rid of it by going into Safe Mode and deleting the folder in C:\Docs and Settings\[user name]\App Data, emptying all temp folders, and clearing browser cache. Let's hope this gets cleared up soon.

UPDATE: The crack IT squad at The Daily Page is on the case. I presume it should be cleared up soon, if not already.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i let my friend jason know... he's in charge of the site.

Skip said...

Thanks. I just got back from one of our sites and was going to try to contact them. You've saved me work.

jason said...

Hey Palmer: Could you send me an email and let me know where you were on our site? Also, if you know the names of anything you deleted from your machine?

Thanks a lot. joyce (at) isthmus dot com.