19 July, 2004

Soreness

My arms and thighs are sore. Andy decided to buy a couple jet skis last week and I got to ride one around on Saturday. Life is rough, lemme tell ya. *sarcasm* I never thought it would be such good exercise but you've gotta hang on and use your legs as shock absorbers so you don't plop around. As I was cruising by the student union, the Miami Vice theme song popped into my head.
So I got to spend some time on the lakes this weekend. The Dulcinea came out too and plied her naughtiness. When I was driving, she came to the back of the boat while everyone else was up front or on the jet ski. She'd spread her legs and pull aside her bikini bottom to flash me her naughty bits. Afterwards, we all went to the Naughti-Gal and had dinner. Sunday morning was basically a carnal interlude until Ronaldo called to ask if I had any DVD burning software. I got up and made breakfast for myself while The Dulcinea slept. I'm surprised her muscles didn't atrophy as she laid in bed until after noon. I burned some software for Ronaldo and got my butt in gear.

Breakfast was a sandwich consisting of thick-sliced bacon from a local farm and 10-year aged cheddar on a couple slices of spicy cheese bread from a local bakery. I went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday, you see. I was hoping to meet up with Miss Rosie but never found her. Getting there at 6:30, I got coffee and listened to Catfish Stephenson who was playing on the sidewalk. I bought one of his CDs and chatted with him for a bit. We were joined by a middle-aged woman who loved music as well. She was from out-of-town so we did our best to make her feel welcome. I bought the aforementioned cheese, bread, and bacon as well as a loaf of Tuscan flatbread, lots of jam, and some jalapeno-bacon brats. I am really looking forward to having one of those. Oh, I got some zucchini and yellow squash as well. The jam stand was a hoot. The girl there was all of 18 years old and she fed me samples. I'd never had garlic jam before but, after tasting it, came to the conclusion that it will taste mighty fine on a pork roast or something similar. I made the Yemiser Selatta (Ethiopian lentil salad) and it turned out well. Nothing fancy. The key is to let it sit overnight so that the marriage of the flavors can be consummated. And oh were they ever! The chilies and garlic mixed with the vinegar making it quite delicious.

Marv had to cancel gaming yesterday as it was his sister Bethany's birthday. In lieu of this, I went and bought a couple magazine files and some software. I picked up the Encyclopedia Brittanica on DVD and Baldur's Gate II. BG II is a Dungeons & Dragons game that I've threatened to play but never have. And I just thought it would be cool to have an encyclopedia on my PC. In addition, I seriously perused the Sunday ads as I'm now in the market for a laptop. Of course the one I really want is priced at more than I'm willing to pay. I wanna have one to take around to coffeeshops so I can write but I'd also like to keep it around the house so arguments about stuff can be settled by looking up stuff on the Net. Basically it'll be a handy reference tool. I'll be able to do email, look up recipes while still in the kitchen, etc. And I'll throw some ebooks onto it so it will also be a library, of sorts. Christ am I a dork.
OK. 3.5 hours left of work. Maybe I'll make that cheesecake tonight...

No comments: