05 July, 2012

One Barrel Opens Tomorrow to Be Followed by House of Brews Taproom

A couple new haunts are opening here in Madison soon.

First comes the news that One Barrel Brewing, a nano-brewpub, opens tomorrow. I may have to stop there after work. It's right on the bus line and a short walk home.

Next we have the revelation that the House of Brews taproom may be opening next week:

Just had and passed ALL my inspections today (thanks inspectors!). The tap room can now legally operate. I'm waiting on tables and need to get a few more things....hoping to open next Tue. I only have a capacity of 15 so don't everyone come at once!

A couple new labels:







I am not a huge pumpkin beer fan but that rauchbier sounds great. We'll see how it stacks up against Helles Schlenkerla Lager, a bottle of which I have in my refrigerator just waiting for this heatwave to break.

While I'm a bit late on Independence Day things, here's a video celebrating the role of the tavern in colonial America. The long-form version can be read here (PDF).

No comments: