26 July, 2024

Babylon Berlin gets final season

Good news! Babylon Berlin is to get a fifth and final season.

It is to take place in 1933 which makes me wonder if the producers are going to skip over The Fatherland Files, which takes place in 1932, and go directly to The March Fallen. Maybe the show will use elements of both.

While I enjoyed the fourth season, I am ambivalent about the derivations from the source novel. It seems that they wanted to emphasize the rise of the Nazis whereas I recall that, in the novel, they were a growing cancer but a small tumor largely relegated to the background. Plus, I recall that Goldstein's identity and motivations remained obscured for much longer than the TV show.

Regardless, I am looking forward to see how the show ends and am hoping that Lunapark gets an English edition.

No comments: