09 November, 2004

The Blue and the Red

I started to write an entry yesterday but didn't get very far by the end of the workday so I 86'd it. I also meant to compose something when I got home yesterday but didn't have the time as Lush called me over to his house to watch Kill Bill 2. Wendy and Hannah were both up north so it was just us. We chatted a bit about our dismay over Dubya's re-election. It's funny how most every conversation I have had with friends the past week has included at least some recognition of our apprehension over this matter. In fact, shortly after Lush called, the phone rang again and I found Andy, a friend from a fellow blue state, on the other end. While he had ostensibly called for some computer help, the conversation predictably drifted towards the election. While I don't lay claim to the following being of Gallop quality, a number of friends who reside in big cites, including Oakland, Milwaukee, and Chicago, have expressed deep anger with the folks in red states. These people have advanced the same argument, however legitimate: it is people in big cities, i.e. - in blue states, that are the targets of terrorism yet it is the folks in red states who dictate how cities will be protected and the "war on terrorism" is to be executed. On top of this, a small sampling of folks in England gave their opinion:

"Every single person I spoke to - English, Danish, Germans, Greeks, Italians, Chinese, Indians, Africans - every single one of them (and I work in an international community) are shocked, angry, dismayed and sickened.

Every one of them."


Oh, that just ain't good. I am hoping that the Dubya junta can be contained for a couple years until the midterms. I'm not sure how many Senate seats will be up for grabs but we lefties had better damn well do our best to ensure the Dems control it come 2007. Whilst I have a lot to say regarding about last weeks tragedy, I'm going to save that for later when my mind is in a more ordered frame.

For those with an insatiable appetite for the political, I recommend this site. Now, I will instead bore you with lust.

CZ has been my morning destination the past 2 days for go juice. J is looking mighty fine. It's a shame that she'll be moving come next spring. Hey, I know that I'll never get into her pants but chatting with her for a few minutes in the still dark morning makes things brighter.

Since BJ came in late this morning and is spending the afternoon over at DOA, Miss Sarah has been coming to me for print outs. And, lemme tell ya, I have been flirting heavily. In fact, I may have sexually harrassed her about half an hour ago. Hey, she asked for me to entertain her. So I related to her the etymological things I'd learned at lunch and told her that, when she got to my desk, I had been listening to the song, "Poontang Little, Poontang Small". (Well, that's the kind of stuff John Lomax came up with when he recorded at prisons.) She laughed but I am hoping she isn't taking offense.

It's such a pleasure to have a beautiful blonde come to your desk every hour. This morning, as we waited for the printer to spew out a couple jobs, I managed to peek into her blouse. The bit between two button had puckered allowing a nice view. Oh, my brothers, it was glorious. I viddied part of one of her groodies. Nary a hint of bra to be found - just a bulge of nice pale skin. And now onto matters less pruriently inclined.

Don't forget: Firefox 1.0 was released today. Go make the swtich if you haven't already.

If, like me, you engage in P2P file sharing on occasion, you might find this article interesting. An interesting tidbit:

"According to an internal study done by one of the majors, between two-thirds and three-quarters of the drop in sales in America had nothing to do with internet piracy. No-one knows how much weight to assign to each of the other explanations: rising physical CD piracy, shrinking retail space, competition from other media, and the quality of the music itself. But creativity doubtless plays an important part."

Doubtless.

No comments: