18 November, 2004

The Fickle One

When I returned from lunch, I noticed a sticky note attached to my copy of Johnny Cash's American III: Solitary Man which read:

Nice choice
- the fickle one

That little harlot.

OK, I won't bore you with my lustful heart. Instead, I'll bore you with something else. I spent lunch at Ancora doing the NYT crossword puzzle which, being a Thursday, was rather difficult. I am always a better puzzler with a cohort and The Caffeinatrix was unavailable so I didn't finish. However, I kept The Arts section so I may get back to it. Whatever happens, there looks to be an interesting article about the release of Leonard Bernstein's show for CBS about classical music.

I read today about the violence in The Netherlands in the wake of Theo Van Gogh's murder. (And murder is putting it lightly.) Bombs were set off at Muslim schools and mosques. A lot of the controversey stems from van Gogh's film, Submission. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but I hope to soon.

Here's another example of stupidty. Delana Davies of Spurger, TX complained about a cross-dressing day at the local high school which has been going on for years. All of the sudden Ms. Davies see, "having boys dress like girls is part of an effort to push a homosexual agenda in public schools." I must wonder if Ms. Davies can define "homosexual agenda". She worried, "If it's OK to dress like a girl today, then why is it not OK in the future?" I've heard others use the phrase "homosexual agenda" and they strictly avoid actually saying what it means. The people whom I've met that fear a "homosexual agenda" seem to be under the misguided notion that all homosexuals think exactly the same way and are in contant contact with one another using cell phones and e-mail plotting some devious plan to do something or other. Christ, I think it's a law in England that men must dress as womyn at some point in their lives. Fucking ignorant, reactionary, homophobic shitbags.

Me? Reactionary?

No comments: