29 November, 2004

Listening to Jack Frost and the Hooded Crow

Night has fallen and we're huddled inside seeking shelter from the cold. I made a hoolie full of beer cheese soup this evening. Aside from lacking a bit of salt it was alright. Stevie commented: "You've outdone yourself." It's only beer cheeese soup. But it was good winter fare. Hot and thick and creamy and full of calories to help put on that layer of blubber to help us keep warm come January.

Through long December nights we talk in words of rain or snow,
while you, through chattering teeth, reply and curse us as you go.
Why not spare a thought this day for those who have no flame
to warm their bones at Christmas time?
Say Jack Frost and the Hooded Crow.

After eating, I set out to pack the gifts for Bravo Company out in Mosul, Iraq. I spent about $120 on them, a pittance considering their predicament, and managed to fit all of it save the granola bars. The box weighs about 20lbs. and is going to cost a fortune to send to Iraq. I just hope that they get it. I had intended to send the boys there some nudie magazines but I found out that such material is prohibited. Not even semi-nudity. Must pay respects to Muslim propriety, I suppose.

Why can't Carleen Wild do something like this? And to round out the prurient content of this post, I gotta say that I love this picture:



In fact, I think all my female readers should submit such photos to me.

I've added a couple things to my to-do list. Firstly, I'd like to do some letterboxing. One of the Madison area clues is written in Latin! I also want to go have Smut-n-Eggs at Bennett's. I've lived here for over 14 years and have never been. I'm sure my list will grow as 2005 draws ever nearer.

I've got some hot chocolate and I'm listening to Black Sabbath. Not Paranoid or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. In fact, there's no Ozzy. No Dio either. Instead, I'm listening to Eternal Idol. It's one of their more inconsequential albums from the late 80s. Tony Martin's vocal are all cock rocky but there's just something catchy about this album and I haven't heard it in years. Brings back all these high school memories...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Shit, a smut n eggs virgin. I didnt know they existed........my advice to you is to not get the Eggs Benedict (the cum shots and hollandaise sauce don't mesh too well). It also helps if you just stay up all night and make it the last stop of the night, rather than the start of a brand new day........perhaps I'll join ya!
-crystal