07 June, 2007

The East Side Just Got Polish

I found out last night that Alex Polish American Deli is leaving the confines of Monroe Street and is moving out towards my place. I don't have the exact address but it's over on E. Washington somewhere near Schlotzsky's Deli. As Martha Stewart might say, this is a good thing. The east side is shaping up. We've got the Ale Asylum, Maharaja, Visions, Misty Mountain, Farm'n'Fleet, Antojitos el Toril, Pelayo's, and now Polish food.

UPDATE:

The new location of Alex Polish American Deli is 3868 E. Washington Avenue, formerly a Victor Allen's Coffee shop.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

No way! I live on the east side, so that's welcome news.

BTW, I can't remember how I found your blog, but find it I did. I'm really enjoying it so far, especially your entry on the MadInteractive food blogging panel. I was there, too, but arrived late (around 5:30) and didn't offer any questions. Observing and thinking about those observations was enough for me at the time, as I'm still somewhat new to the Madison food scene.

Skip said...

Way! I even have the address now.

I am pleased you're enjoying FS so far. It'll get worse, trust me. Be sure to hit the next MadInteractive event so you can hear me bloviate. :)

I looked over your blog and it made me thirsty. Good to see another blogger who enjoys good food and quality brews.