26 July, 2010

We Sow the Seeds 2010 Edition



It was a good year for raspberries. I found raspberry bushes that I didn't even know I had.







My tamaters are doing well. The kid likes to go out and pick and then eat them. There may not be any for canning.



And do I have peppers. My cayenne plants are going like gangbusters.



I've never grown squash before so have no idea if they're doing well or not.





I also have habenero plants which are doing very well. Lots of small green flame throwers. The plan is to make lots of jerk paste for the winter but I really don't need 5 gallons of the stuff. What else do you do with habeneros?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Habeneros work real well with fruit. If you are up for the whole sterile jarring process, make a bunch of jars of peach/red onion/habenero salsa. Make a funky label and give 'em as Christmas gifts to chase away winter blues.

Skip said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not a big peach salsa fan but perhaps I can learn to be one.