01 December, 2011

What Is Your MP3 Player Saying?

Last weekend at Chicago TARDIS I attended a couple panels with freelance writer and DW geek Graeme Burk. Never having heard of him before, I looked up his website. I found a blog post there called "Ten Songs Shuffled On An iPod" and it begins:

I don’t think there is a better indication for how eclectic, how varied, how diverse a human being can be than to trawl through an individual’s MP3 player.

At first I was given to agreeing with him when I remembered that I don't have any music on my MP3 player and haven't for many months. Perhaps more than a year. Instead my Sansa Clip has several lectures on medieval history stored on it. Currently I am listening to Era of the Crusades by Kenneth Harl with aural goodness about the Vikings and Byzantium on deck.

I prefer to think of this not so much as a reflection of a lack of diversity or eclecticism on my part but rather that I have superseded Mr. Burk in geekery. Furthermore, I feel that not owning an Apple product as he does also counts in my favor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such an elitist. I'll remind you of your disdain for apple products the next time you want to play Fruit Ninja.

The D

Skip said...

Moi? An elitist? Forsooth!

I, um, well, um. What's Fruit Ninja?