15 March, 2024

(Neil Young voice) Juniper rose, you better go and get it

I don't know why I could just not get a decent photograph of this stuff.

After several weeks and a couple strolls by the Nessalla kombucha factory, I finally busted out my bottle of their Juniper Rose kombucha. I like juniper and rose and it seems to have less sugar than most of their kombuchas. It's about the herbs and spices and not fruits so I assume it's not a big seller.

This stuff is very hazy and a light gold. The aroma was sweet-tart. At first, it tasted a bit like apple cider but I think this was mainly because it had a faux sweetness to it from what I presume was the white tea with rose or whatever it was. Then I got some bitterness from tannins and that kombucha bite which made me realize that this was, in fact, tea. A floral taste was fairly prominent while the piney juniper taste was quite mild.

It had a full body which I think was from that illusory sweetness that the floral taste induced, if that makes sense. My tongue was fooled into thinking there was sweetness present even though there isn't much.

In end, this is a great kombucha. Its floral-spice combo is simply delicious.

No comments: