17 November, 2004

Said She Was A Barista

I've been listening to a lot of Jethro Tull the past couple days. Mostly A Passion Play but now I've got that Grammy™ winning heavy metal Crest of Knave playing.

Today is going slowly. Very slowly, in fact. We've gotten the queue under control and now I find myself putting off wiping a user's PC until later. I've got the god disc right here ready to go but am just not in the mood to deal with a user mano el mano. Tonight I am off to Edgerton to fuck with The Pollack's laptop and have some bourbon. When I spoke with him yesterday, he boasted of having four tasty flavors. Woodford Reserve and Basil Hayden among them.

I didn't do a whole fuck of a lot last night. Ate dinner and got my shit organized before watching Frontline's piece on Wal-Mart and falling asleep on the couch. I've started backing up one of my hard drives as it was down to 11GB. Plenty of space but, as it has 80GB of capacity, I tend to burn through space. So I'm going to clear it off a bit and keep only stuff I plan on watching/listening to in the near future.

Last night I watched the first half of Doctor Who - Vengeance on Varos, starring Colin Baker. While I was putting away laundry, I listened to a Doctor Who radio drama in which he starred. Unsurprisingly, I had a dream which involved meeting him at a Doctor Who convention which took place at an old mansion. It was pretty funky but, unfortunately, I can't really remember much of it.

The Dulcinea came over Monday night, ostensibly to retrieve a book she had left at my house, but it ended up being a booty call. Come Tuesday, I was left wanting more. On my way home from work, I saw Miss Jolene at a gas station. I'd invest more energy into getting into her pants if someone hadn't described her to me as a "cold fish". I also neglected to call Miss Tomah. Tomorrow, I guess. Not that I know her pants will be any easier to get into but the odds seem better. I met a nice-looking womyn here at work yesterday who was also quite pleasant. Of course she had a ring. And I found myself in an elevator with Miss Sarah who just had to be with someone else on a trek up to the tenth floor. I was so engaged in speaking with her that I missed my floor. Well, luckily lunch is almost here so I can send sideways glances at baristas.

I read something scary yesterday in the FFRF newsletter. It had a newspaper report on a Christian man who shot and killed another guy solely because he was an atheist. Included were a couple quotes from the murderer which both were along the lines of, "I had to kill him because he was Satan." Almost makes me think twice about wearing my Friendly Neighborhood Atheist sweatshirt in public.

No comments: