09 September, 2005

In Cinema Mode Again

Well, I have returned from lunch. Charlie and I went out to Pelmeni, a restaurant which serves only Russian dumplings. While the menu is limited, you can get them served in a traditional manner with just butter or in a funky multi-cultural way - sprinkled curry powder and a douche of hot sauce. They are little tender nuggets of dumpling goodness! Soft morsels of dough gently folded around potato or beef. Dip 'em in some sour cream and - voila! Afterwards we hit Four Star Video where I rented a couple DVDs to feed my habit. If you're not familiar with Four Star and live in Madison, all I can say is FOR SHAME! It's quite the joint. They have over 3,000 foreign titles available. Roger Ebert creams his jeans over the joint everytime he visits our fair town. Anyway, I grabbed the second DVD of Firefly and Vozvrashcheniye (The Return). If I don't go have cocktails with a buncha pagans tonight, I'll be watching some vids.

Oooh! Oooh! The Music Box Theater in Chicago has announced their fall schedule and they'll be showing a 70mm print of 2001: A Space Odyssey!!! Oh my fuck - I am so there! It's like my favorite film of all time but I've only seen it twice on the big screen. They'll also be showing a 70mm print of Ghostbusters as well as The Conformist! Gotta love Bertolucci.Wait! There's more! Add a couple Val Lewton films, a 24-hour horror film fest, and more good cinemay goodness. I may have to take time off from work.

No comments: