03 September, 2005

Dinner, Thy Name is Pheasant




Expecting to have company arriving about 10, I left The Dulcinea's around quarter after eight. There was shopping to be done. I zipped over to Bavaria Sausage Kitchen to buy me a pheasant so I can make ba?ant duszony w miodzie, a.k.a. - Pheasant Stewed in Mead. The Kitchen is only open until 5 on weekdays so I had to get my ass there during their limited Saturday hours. While I was there, I just had to get some bratwurst and so I did. In addition, I grabbed some summer sausage und Käse. With that being done, I then headed to my local purveyor of spirits to get the mead. Since I had a little time to blow before 9, I took the long way and drove through campus to ogle the tasty co-eds who would be making their way to Camp Randall for the Badger game. I got wood driving past the southeast dorms. But my erection had quelled by the time I got to the liquor store. I grabbed a bottle of sweet mead as well as a bottle of some local vino - Uplands Reserve by Botham Vineyards which is about 30 miles west of Madison. Plus I grabbed some beer for miniature painting - a sixer of New Glarus' Staghorn Octoberfest. I'm trying to be all seasonal, doncha know. And, truth be told, Staghorn is one of my favorite beers. Ever.

Well, I get home only to find that my ten o'clock soiree is cancelled because Pete and Marv got tickets for the game. So I put away my groceries and am now contemplating what to do. I have DVD #1 of Firefly and this might be a good opportunity to start watching the series in preparation for the release of Serenity. The plan is for Marv and Christopher to come over later with perhaps Pete as well. We'll see. The Dulcinea will be free later tonight and I intend to see her as well.

No comments: