02 September, 2005

Tickets!

Symphony here I come! I bought lots o'tickets the past couple days. In Madison next May, I'll be seeing:

Schubert - Symphony No. 8, "Unfinished"
Saint-Saƫns - Piano Concerto No. 4
Stravinsky - Firebird Suite (1945 version)

Then next June in Chicago, The Dulcinea and I will be attending this concert:

Shostakovich - Violin Concerto No. 1
Stravinsky - The Rite of Spring

Finally, I've bought tickets for these performances in Milwaukee:

Saturday, September 17, 2005
R. Strauss - Don Juan
Sierra - Symphony No. 3 (World Premiere)
Mussorgsky/Ravel - Pictures at an Exhibition

Saturday, May 13
Liebermann - Piano Concert No. 3 (World Premiere)
Beethoven - Symphony No. 9, "Choral"

And, if she can get away, we'll be seeing this concert. If not, I'll be going alone.

Saturday, November 5
Stravinsky - Song of the Nightingale
Orff - Carmina Burana

Lots of Stravinsky in my future. I'll be all high-cultured!

No comments: