05 December, 2003

We Have Some Snow

After a rather crappy day, I spent yesterday evening actually being productive. I can now see the top of my desk in spots!

The trim for the house arrived yesterday. My landlord did some experimentation with polyurethane and today is gonna be sanding day, methinks.

I was watching CNN International and saw a plug for a show on Sunday called Design 360. What really caught my attention was that they're gonna profile Vittorio Storaro! Yeah, that probably doesn't interest you but, for me, it's like manna from heaven. Storaro is one of the best cinematographers ever. He is know for being Bernardo Bertolucci's partner in crime. He shot The Spider's Stratagem, Last Tango in Paris, and The Conformist - which is a fucking masterpiece - in the 70s. in the 1990s, they collaborated on The Sheltering Sky and Little Buddha. He also shot Apocalypse Now and the recent Dune mini-series on the Sci-Fi Channel which was made using his Univisium technology. Needless to say, I am fired up to see the segment on him.

I got some emails from a friend who lives in Minneapolis. He's been in Rockford at the Burpee Museum of Natural History the past week. His father is an archeologist and has been overseeing the restoration of Jane, a T-Rex. They are still trying to figure out The Critter's biological age - they suspect she's from the Cretaceous period. In addition, he is learning Portuguese in anticipation of the arrival of a frined from South America. He may here in MadTown tomorrow and I'm hoping he is able to visit.

A different friend has invited me to happy hour this evening but I ain't sure if I really wanna go. In addition, she is keen on having me over to her new apartment for dinner in the near future. We shall see.

Alright, I need to head to the credit union'n'such...

No comments: