07 December, 2005

Finally!

Hey! I finally got the Internet working in my hotel room!

I woke up this morning and turned on CNN. There was a story about the bitter cold in Chicago (wind chills of -10) and how it was forcing the city to open warming centers for the homeless earlier than usual. Considering that I'm about 350 miles north of ChiTown, this just doesn't bode well. I am not looking forward to scraping my car's windows and getting it started .

While we should be done today, I have to participate in a conference call at 2. It's part of the process of getting me back to DHFS and I'll be speaking with a saleswoman from my contracting company and my former co-worker, Harry, from the DOA. Considering that Harry and I know one another and that he offered to write a letter of recommendation for me when I was cast out from DHFS in September, I am thinking that the call is a mere formality. We'll see. Anyway, I do have 1 PC scheduled for reimaging this afternoon so I may be forced to finish it tomorrow morning. Regardless, I will be staying here tonight and heading back tomorrow.

No comments: