02 May, 2006

Tull on The Simpsons

I finally watched this past Sunday's episode of The Simpsons - "Girls Just Want to Have Sums". At the end of the show, Martin comes out onstage wearing a goofy Renaissance costume whilst playing the flute. But he's not just playing any tune - it was "Thick as a Brick" by Jethro Tull. Once he dances his way out to the front of the stage, he sings a verse as well. hehe The song was also played over the closing credits. Anyone have a screenscrape of Martin?

Ahhhhh...the rare intrusion of progressive rock into mainstream culture.

EDIT:

Ooh! Ooh! The Dulcinea, who also told me about this episode, has also sent me a wonderful picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"My stunning and astute girlfriend called me on Sunday evening to let me know."

There, now your post is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Now it's really perfect.