20 February, 2023

Global Market & Food Hall & Rock

I made my first visit to Global Market & Food Hall relatively recently and find myself going there every other week or so to stock up on tom yum soup base, a bag of potato chips flavored for the shops of the Orient and not Peoria, and other miscellany. I go mid-morning so I've never eaten at the food hall though my Frau vouches for the tasty Hmong egg rolls to be had there.

It would appear that supply chain shortages are still plaguing the snack food chain of the East as I haven't seen tom yum flavored peanuts in a while. Are they perhaps sitting in containers aboard a ship that is hanging out off the California coast?

I really adore the mural at the entrance depicting a street somewhere in the Far East with sellers hawking their wares and foods.

I have to admit that I am flummoxed by the faux big black rock, though.

No comments: