24 April, 2024

Scenes from Madison - 23 April 2024

I hoofed it around town a bit yesterday.

Madison is by no means a big city but it has gotten bigger. Lots of human-scale buildings have been replaced downtown with ones that dwarf pedestrians. Not quite concrete canyons, perhaps, but downtown has a very different feel than it did when I moved here.

Parking ramps and lots have also been replaced.

Goodbye, Silver Dollar. I will always remember that guy who, when the Packers played the Chiefs, would yell "Kansas City cheats!" when things did not go our way.

I was glad to see that something is going to open in the former BarleyPop Live/The Frequency space.

The Madison Municipal Building was giving off some end of Twin Peaks season 3 vibes last night. I was going to scream but ran into someone I knew and talked movies instead.

No comments: