19 September, 2024

Oh, just some random photos

Is anyone else spooked by the animatronic pizza guy at Woodman's in Sun Prairie?

Every time I walk by this creepy chef, I get Westworld vibes and envision the ominous pizzaiolo springing to life and rampaging through the frozen pizza section. Screams pierce the air and blood stains the freezers as it slings thin crust frozen pies like Oddjob threw his hat, severing the limbs of innocent shoppers. It would then grab the nearest Chicago deep dish and finish them off in a frenzy of bludgeoning.

How does one do aromatherapy if there's no aroma?

Note to Madison area folks: this stuff says right on the label that it doesn't work well with hard water. Yes, yes - I noticed the warning too late. I'm surprised it's even legal to sell this stuff here. Caveat emptor!

I made rye cardamom chocolate chip cookies recently. 

While they were extremely tasty, I think a full bag of chips is overload for the recipe I used. (From King Arthur.) Plus the dough was crumbly so perhaps I'll try less flour next time as well.

Unsurprisingly, Piper still does not like going to the vet.

Did the clerk at Half Price Books not know who Thomas Friedman is or what his book is about? Or did some smart aleck customer play a joke on their fellow patrons?

An excited fisherman at WORTstock.

 I saw the goats at Acewood Conservation Park.

Black Phillip is just out of frame.

No comments: