08 October, 2024

Autumn Scenes '24

I bought some Wolf River apples, the leviathans of the pomaceous family.

Lapacek's presses a mean cider.

A small flock of turkeys cleared the grass under the bird feeder in the backyard of stray seeds that the house sparrows have shoveled off the feeder. House sparrows are the messiest of eaters. I think they prefer sunflower seeds and just cast off the millet and wheat and whatever else is in the feed.

Maple trees are aflame!

I spied Lederhosen in the store windows of Stillgood's recently.

Aside from the cooling temps and lovey colors, fall brings seasonal beers and one of my favorites is Lakefront's Pumpkin Lager. It is actually brewed with pumpkin and has an emphasis on the allspice, to my taste. Plus, it's lagered so the usual sweetness in these kinds of beers is replaced by a nice crispness. I always look forward to this brew.

I had the chance to thank Russ Klisch, president/owner of Lakefront, personally for this stuff last month at the Cap Times Ideas Fest session on craft beer. In addition, I offered a suggestion...

With the AC off, the windows are open and Piper gets to enjoy the fresh air.

On a recent cool night, my Frau had a fire.

No comments: