04 October, 2026

Cookin'

Yesterday I did a lot of cooking for my ladyfriend and her guests. One visitor brought some Asian pears and I turned a few of them into a clafoutis.


It turned out alright and was quite tasty. I made it with einkorn instead of normal hard red wheat or whatever your typical all-purpose flour is made of hoping that my ladyfriend wouldn't suffer any achy joints after eating it. Plus I have just started using einkorn and am running it through its paces. I have an idea of its limitations in breadmaking and now I want to learn how other treats turn out when using it.

I also made a loaf of maple bread.


The recipe called for 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and the bread had a slight maple flavor to it. Very good and I can imagine that it would make some fine French toast.

(I also made another apple crisp.)

No comments: