I began preparing dinner by busting open a Bare Cheeks from Lake Louie.
It was quite tasty, with some nice banana notes and restrained clove taste. Since the hefeweizen was my brother's favorite beer style, some warm memories came to mind taking that first sip.
I went to the Northside Farmers' Market last Sunday and made an impulse purchase - some BBQ rub.
I'd never heard of Underground BBQ and my spice rack was devoid of any spice blends to use as a base for a rub and so I figured I'd look to a local for help. With pork chops and chicken in my freezer, I went with the Chicken Rub.
A fine rub! It was mellow in that the pepper didn't provide heat and there was a slight sweetness to it which balanced all of the earthy-smoky flavors from the paprika. I think the addition or coriander also helped give it a bit of a sprightly taste.



No comments:
Post a Comment