17 March, 2006

Opening Today

The adaptation of Alan Moore and David Lloyd's graphic novel, V For Vendetta opens tonight. In fact, I'll be heading to the late show on the IMAX over at Star. From the review I read today, it looks to be a pretty generic action experience. Then again, it was penned by Andy Wachowski & Larry Wachowski, the guys behind The Matrix Trilogy which I thought was a disaster. Still, Natalie Portman is a little hottie and I'll have 4 stories of her at which to ogle.

Also of note is Manderlay by Danish direction Lars von Trier. It's the second installment in a planned trilogy about America, which Lars is none too enamored of. Still, I think he's a great director and a little criticism from without is not a bad thing. Oh, the first installment was Dogville.

C.S.A.: The Confederate States of America also opens today. It's a satirical documentary which ponders what our country would be like if the South had won the Civil War. Kent Williams' Isthmus review is here.

Lastly, there's the Neil Young concert film, Heart of Gold. It was filmed on his tour for Prairie Wind and I believe the bulk of the songs are from that album.

No comments: