20 May, 2024

Trilliums? Trillia?

It's May and that means the trillium(s)(a) are in bloom. A couple weekends ago I made a trek over to Heritage Sanctuary to check 'em on out.

I don't know why it is but I always hear woodpeckers and blue jays near the entrance. I suppose an abundance of dead trees would explain the former.

Before seeing a trillium, I spied many of these pink flowers that I don't know the name of.

Then a bit farther up the trail white spots appeared in the distance on each side of the trail. Trilliums!

At one point I noticed a log with some nice shrooms.

Edible?

It was a fairly short walk as Heritage Sanctuary isn't that large but it was a lovely morning trek. I think I spied a woodcock but my attempt to get a photo of it failed. Probably just a squirrel in disguise.

No comments: