26 May, 2024

The Score in Milwaukee

On this day in 1986 Emerson, Lake & Powell released their only and highly eponymous studio album - in the band's lifetime, anyway.

I wish I'd seen them in concert and did notice the marquee at the Rosemont Horizon advertising their stop there on 19 October 1986 when I was at the venue to see Genesis about a week and a half earlier. I cannot recall why my friend and I didn't attend. Lack of money for tickets, probably.

Oh well.

I rather like the album and feel that it has a nice mix of the ELP of old and newer sounds, perhaps with some contemporary pop sensibility thrown in for good measure.

Here's their show from Milwaukee from that same month. I think it has slightly better sound than the recording from Rosemont which I find to be tinny.

No comments: