During the course of the conversation my interlocutor revealed that, as he has gotten older, it has become harder to get into new music and finds himself enjoying the familiar comforts of music tried & true.
I feel his pain. The struggle is real. Ha!
But I endeavor to seek out the new to fight that impulse.
This morning I checked my email and was reminded that Son Volt's new album is out today as is the long-awaited collaboration between the Steve prog heroes Hackett and Rothery. What a wonderful day to have 2 new albums now available for my aural delectation. Bobby Hussy at MadCity Music is no doubt expecting me today.
Last weekend I bought a couple CDs at a thrift shop that were both choral music from locals.
I never even knew there was a Philharmonic Chorus of Madison. The other album will be in season soon. It's by the UW-Madison Concert Choir.
Our teens and 20s may be romanticized for all of the music and the central role it played in our lives, but, arguably, it's never been better for music fans.
Especially if you love reel-to-reel. I see that Jethro Tull's Aqualung is getting a R2R release.
But they're not alone. Rhino also has reels of Grateful Dead, Black Sabbath, and probably others too. How long before the day's biggest acts start putting new albums out on R2R?


No comments:
Post a Comment