19 December, 2004

I'm Not Begging For Love, I'm Empty As I Am

It's colder than a well digger's ass outside tonight! I got home from gaming at Dogger's a little while ago and I'm preparing to cozy up in bed and the last episode of Doctor Who and the Pirates. I set a few downloads in motion before I left: the first 2 episodes of The Mysterious Planet, a later Colin Baker TV installment as well as The Next Life, an 8th Doctor audio drama. It completes the series of his trials in the Zone and will conclude the events surrounding Charley's extraction from time by The Doctor which has caused so many troubles. It all started back with Storm Warning released nearly four years ago.

Last night was a hoot over at The Pollack's. We cooked up a billion pierogi of 4 different flavas, bigos, and cabbage rolls. I also brought over a bottle of Chopin vodka. I'm not big on vodka but that was some tasty potable. Mr. Z and I kept our snifters good and lubed and he passed out before dinner was done. Even JZ had a little bit of it.

Tonight was a blast as well. The dungeon we crawled through was very interesting in only the most sick & grotesque way. Miss Regan was a boisterous little toddler. And thirsty too. For a while there, it seemed like she was pissing her pants every 10 minutes. You know, I find that everytime I go over there, the worse I feel for Mel. The shock of her stroke dissipated a long time ago. After that came the hoping against hope that Regan wouldn't lose her mother. And she pulled through. But now, after all the trauma, comes the realization that things will never be back to where they were...more later.

Also noteworthy this weekend was seeing Amy again. She came over today to get me and Stevie to sign her hoolie for getting on April's ballot for the city council seat in District 3. I volunteered to help her out in other ways, if I could, as well and I'm sure she'll take me up on it. if there are any other folks in the Third District who'd be keen on signing to get her on the ballot, please drop me a line and I can get some info about her to you and, hopefully, the sign-up sheet.

Finally, I got an e-mail from Laura today which included some interesting tidbits:

"I’m feeling a little uneducated, but I love that you are turning me on to these new concepts and music! Thanks, this is really great!"

"Another part of the collaboration/competition concept that I’ve been pondering relates to relationships and the roles that we play in modern day society. I’ve wondered if we as a culture are trying to find solace in tradition, especially the tradition of religion and how the roles of men and women are defined."

"I feel a little lost in my place in the world at the moment. What path I should take to be most fulfilled as a person? Or is self-actualization an indulgence?"

I'll try to answer her as best I can but that last one...not so much. It is odd that she brings up tradition considering it is something that I think about it a lot and was a theme of an essay I wrote.

We listened to Colassal Head while gaming tonight.

I get happy 'cause my life is good
I get laughin' 'cause I know I should
I get all happy 'cause my life is good, so good


Old Man Standiford is in town all week so I'm sure I'll spend some time at his place editing video and hanging out. Plus I've got to do some baking for a clutch of very important womyn in my life. And it's a short work week! Too much on my mind right now...

No comments: