12 April, 2006

From Dreary to Morbid

First the morning started out really dreary with the dark clouds and rain. Then I made the mistake of going to work. Driving down Atwood, I heard a siren and dutifully pulled over. The copper zipped past and went on his way. Once I got onto Willy, I noticed the lights. And I hear more sirens. The fire truck pulls out of the garage just as I'm passing the station and goes not even a block before it pulls over. As I cautiously drive by it, I see what all the hubub is about: there's a gentleman lying supine next to the building at the BP station. I only caught him at a distance but, from my glimpse, he didn't look to be doing particularly well. Kinda blue, to be honest. Yikes!

Just have to wait and see what the intrepid reporters in town find out about this.

EDIT: Some more info is coming in, though there's some conflicting accounts. Channel3000.com reports that there's one dead crazy guy and two injured police officers:

One Madison police officer was stabbed and another was injured after they were reportedly attacked by a man on Williamson Street on Wednesday morning. The suspect was shot and killed, WISC-TV reported.

The two officers were taken to the hospital. Their conditions haven't yet been released.


But NBC15.com is reporting that only 1 officer and a civilian have been hurt:

Madison Police confirm that one person was killed this morning and two others wounded, including a civilian and a Madison Police Officer, after a shooting at the BP Amaco Gas Station in the 1100 block of Williamson Street in downtown Madison.

No comments: