24 May, 2005

Meanwhile, Back in Belleville

I got home to find that my torrent had finished downloading. It's a DVD compilation of television appearances by Uncle Tupelo and Wilco. It's Volume 27 of a series of DVDs that a fan has put together and contains some interesting stuff. It's fun to look at the screenshots because Jay Farrar looks like he's 17 in the first one and not much older in the second. I've also managed to secure some nice Uncle Tupelo audios that are soundboard recordings. Somebody has gone crazy and is posting a bunch of their sets when they opend for Teenage Fanclub back in early 1992. They were doing "I Wanna Be Your Dog" by Iggy and the Stooges as well as "I Found That Rare Essence" by Gang of Four. Good stuff!

In other music news, I see that Dream Theater's new album, Octavarium, is available on the Net even though it's not due until June 7th. And I'm getting psyched to see Porcupine Tree at Shank Hall this weekend. While the setlist hasn't changed since the European gigs, I know I'm gonna freak out when they start the show with "Deadwing" and get completely lost in "Hatesong".

No comments: