19 May, 2005

Geeky Music Roundup

The boys in Porcupine Tree stopped in at WAAF in Boston recently and did a couple songs au naturel. And the station was kind enough to post them at their webpage. You can hear "Sound of Muzak", from In Absentia, and "Lazarus", from the new one, Deadwing, there.

Being a music freak, I have a fairly substantial collection of bootleg recordings. Being a complete dork, well over 200 of them are of Genesis. And so, when I go to their webpage and see pictures like these, I start salivating like a Pavlovian dog.





They recorded most of the concerts they performed over the years and are now cataloging them with an eye to releasing them as The Archive Series.

Right now I'm burning a video of a Wilco concert from 1997 onto DVD so I'll probably watch a bit of that before calling it an early night.

No comments: