20 May, 2005

Lies, Damnable Lies!

I mentioned yesterday that a workprint of Revenge of the Sith has been leaked onto the Net. Today I read an AP story at Salon about it. The article quotes the head of the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), Dan Glickman, as having said, "There is no better example of how theft dims the magic of the movies for everyone than this."

You're telling me - a guy who scrambled Wednesday evening for a ticket to Sith, stood in line at the cinema for over an hour with about half that time in the rain - that the magic of that film was dimmed for me?! Who the fuck are you to tell me about my movie watching experience?! Do you honestly believe that the leak of a workprint with the time code on every fucking frame is going to keep oodles and oodles of people from seeing it this weekend? Do you honestly believe that all those people are going to have a crappy time now that there is a workprint of the film floating around on the Net? Do you have any idea of what cause & effect is all about?

Mr. Glickman, it is stupid, hyper-exaggerated lies like this that make members of the general movie-going pubilc hate your organization.

No comments: