12 May, 2005

Miller Time Is Over

Dennis Miller's show on CNBC has had its plug pulled. This, I think, is a good thing. Perhaps he'll be able to do something that's funny. I like Dennis Miller and I still like him despite his having become a flaming Bushite. I mean, how often do you see someone on television imitate Peter Gabriel doing "Watcher of the Skies" back in his days with Genesis? Unlike many people, I got his opaque literary allusions and just enjoyed his sense of humor. I don't wanna go off on a rant here but his CNBC show was just not funny. I only watched it a handful of times and found myself with a paucity of laughter. The audience obviously did too as the set, aside from Miller, was usually quiet as a morgue. And just because you've become ruled by fear doesn't mean you can't poke fun at the President. Maybe I just didn't watch the show enough, but I don't recall him ever once making fun of Dubya. This is perhaps why his show was so horrible.

No comments: