07 July, 2005

I Want My - I Want My

Goddammit! I set the TIVO to record a buttload of BookTV on the 4th and was hoping to watch some of it this evening including Christopher Hitchens' speaking about his new book on Thomas Jefferson. Being Independence Day, there was tons of programming on the Founding Fathers, a topic of great interest to me. So I ordered a pizza and sat down in the living room. I grabbed the super Star Trek universal remote and got my 52" TV turned on and the TiVO ready. I started my "Public Affairs" recording. It began in media res of a program that held little interest for me so I fast forwarded. And then - BAM! - it stopped. Worried, I checked the recording and found that it was one (1) minute (!!) in duration. Fuck! Stevie had changed the channel in the middle of the recording so it wiped out a few hours of intellectual goodness and I was left with 60 bloody seconds of crap. I guess I'll have to watch Hitchens' presentation tomorrow at work as it's posted up at the BookTV webpage. I'd watch it on my PC here at home but I am having an issue with Real Player.

In other (real) news: 37 dead and 700 injured. Ah, what a great mixture is religion and nihilism.

No comments: