14 July, 2005

My Reading Continued

My endeavor to become a multi-orgasmic man continued last night. I read the second chapter which was a basic anatomy lesson, for the most part. I found myself becoming extremely jealous as it was mentioned at least a couple times how teenage boys can get an erection if the wind blows in the right way and get them very frequently. There was a line reassuring the rest of us that the techinques in the book are quite helpful and something to the effect of how even men in their 30s can have better erections and a fulfilling blah blah blah. What the hell?! I'm only 32 and already I'm being made to feel like my sex life is over. (OK, I'll be 33 in a couple weeks, but still...) I don't know what these authors are talking about. I started to get hard yesterday morning while driving into work by just the sight of two women sitting on some steps smoking cigarettes. Personally, I think I'm better in the sack now than I ever have been. More knowledge, more patience - and if I play my cards right, I can still get a hard-on from a stray breeze. Plus I still get hard when just hugging a date or girlfriend. I used to be terminally embarrassed about this but have gotten over it. If memory serves, someone here wrote about how she was disappointed that a date did not get a bulge in his pants when they hugged. Granted, my penis' reaction varies as a relationship goes on but, for the first couple months, I am guaranteed to get a boner when I hug a woman I'm dating. The only caveat is if I already have gotten one from just sitting next to her.

The next major theme of the chapter was chi and the energy of the body. If I have a gripe here then it's that the authors constantly feel compelled to justify their claims about Taoist theory by citing a study from Western medicine. In the process, they equate chi with electricity. I wish they'd either have skipped these bits of Western science altogether or gone into more depth. Being a skeptic, I felt rather insulted that I was just supposed to believe their assertions outright or accept that a single sentence summarize a study should act as undisputed proof. Either skip it or lay it all on the line but don't pussyfoot and give me piecemeal anecdotes. I suppose I should mention that I've read about this topic as well so the concept of chi, meridians, etc. was familiar to me. I thought it odd, though, that the authors' approach was very specific whereas traditional Chinese medicine is all about holism.

The last theme, and most blatant, was male anatomy. It was almost all review for me as A) I've been an onanist for over 20 years and B) I had various classes at A Woman's Touch which went over the same material. However, I'd never heard of the Million Dollar Spot which is a small area between a man's anus and the fore of his perineum. Applying pressure is apparently a method of delaying ejaculation.

And so the chapter was, for the most part, a review. What it did give me a hint of things to come. (Ahem.) I can look forward to lots of mental and breathing exercises.

No comments: