09 February, 2004

I'm Gonna Listen to Zevon and Cash Today

Jeepers! It seems like a lot of people are stressing out over Valentine's Day. I think my plan is going to consist of watching a samurai flick and playing D&D and, in general, being abnormal as is normal for me. While I guess it would be nice to spend it with a fraulein, I'll be with friends and will get to see Miss Regan! Maybe she'll puke up all over me again. And I'm supposed to go visit Lush and Hannah again this week sometime. So what do you get girls who are only a few months old for V-Day? I'm thinking they don't care for flowers yet. Chocolate? They couldn't eat it so I would be forced to. NOW I'm diggin' where there's taters!

I was glad to see that Warren Zevon, June Carter, and Johnny Cash got some Grammies yesterday. A little late, if you ask me, but the folks at least had the courtesy to honor their careers, I guess. Even George Harrison and Sam Cooke got in on it. Buddy Guy and Etta James were winners too. The clowns on Faux News were shocked to hear that an award was given out for spoken word performances. Sheesh! How dumb are they? The awards are given out by the Recording Academy to "honor excellence in the recording arts and sciences", as their web page puts it. Were they aghast that an award went to someone for engineering an album? They're not just about music you dunces.

Christ! Is it me or does Christina Aguilera wear just too-fucking much make-up? It looks like she has a cute face but I can't tell as its buried behind a thick layer of paint. All that eyeliner makes her look like a total fucking ditz. And I loved how she showed all of her cleavage and 90% of her boobs. I dunno if anyone made any comments about Janet Jackson or not - I suppose somebody did. Americans are so funny. The only place we can see a black woman's breast is on PBS or in National Geographic.

OK, here are some more photos. Personally, I think Beyonce, whoever she is, has a much better body than Paris Hilton. Hey! Ry Cooder and Allison Kraus took home trophies! And Richard Marx lost his mullet! Chick Corea won sumpin' too! Alrighty. Amy Lee is a hottie. What songs to Evanescence do? Is that one with the video where somebody is hanging out a window of an apartment theirs? Jinkies! Look at the number than Tony Bennett is dating. Just goes to show, I've gotta get rich and famous before I'll ever find me a woman. (All you hotties take note: I am working on this.) Oooh! Parliament with Bootsy! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Now THAT woulda been cool.

No comments: