13 February, 2004

Retro-Minded Companion Needed

There's a new bar/restaurant opening here next month called Nachtspiel. It will have a hand-built brick oven and a keyhole-shaped "opium den", whatever that's gonna be. Oh man! It would be so awesome to have a real opium den in town. I can just picture it: it'd be like the one in the movie From Hell. Beautiful women lying naked scattered around. I'd grab me a nice pillow, smoke some opium, and follow it with a laudanum-laced absinthe chaser.

Another thing I wanna do: I want to find a cohort to go with me to the Casbah bar downtown. They have hookahs! We could sit around drinking cocktails, share a hookah with some aromatic tobacco, and talk out of our asses like we're cultured'n'stuff. Slip a little hashish in there and I'll be smiling like the Cheshire cat ready to reenact scenes from Alice in Wonderland!

No comments: