02 May, 2005

All the World's a Stage or a Movie Screen

Uncle Ridley's new flick, Kingdom of Heaven, got a good review. I'm looking forward to seeing Orlando Bloom getting all medieval on some Muslim ass.

Roger Waters has finally completed his opera. It only took a decade but, hey, he hasn't released a rock album in 13 years though he's been trying.

In other opera news, Orwell's 1984 is also to hit the stage.

The Hitchhiker's flick did well at the box office this past weekend. I wonder if all the fans like myself rushed out to see it or if new fans made up the bulk of the moviegoers. I'm thinking the former. Pete saw it over the weekend and said yesterday that it was pretty bad. He then proceeded to give a laundry list of funny parts which went on and on so I have a suspicion that it's really not that bad. His complaints focused on the film's derivation from the radio drama and books and it seems like he really didn't try to view it in its own context. I'll see for myself soon.

Finally, a new Revenge of the Sith trailer/music video hoolie.

No comments: