20 January, 2023

R.I.P. David Crosby

News arrived yesterday that David Crosby had died on Wednesday. He was 81 and I felt it was a miracle that he lived that long considering all of the drugs he did. I saw the documentary, David Crosby: Remember My Name, a couple years ago and it was a moving portrait of an aging man looking back at his life.

I saw Crosby perform twice, both as part of Crosby, Stills & Nash. The first time was at the Marcus Amphitheater in Milwaukee on 28 June 1992 and the second was on 15 July 1994 at Poplar Creek in suburban Chicago when CSN was touring with Fleetwood Mac. Sadly, I have never found a recording of either of these shows as they were fun and the vocal harmonies were just amazing.

While I do have a recording of the Crosby & Nash show here in Madison in November 1973, it is awful sounding. And so I will post something from a Crosby solo show in Milwaukee. It's "Drive My Car" from 25 April 1989 at the Riverside Theatre.

No comments: