09 June, 2006

Welcome CAID & Fry and Hitchens Get Down to Brass Tacks

Kudos to the folks at Conservatives Against Intelligent Design. While the site owner and I probably disagree on many matters, it is nice to see conservatives speak on behalf of the truth of evolution and against foisting bullshit on kids in their schools.

Tangentially, I would also like to direct readers to a wonderful discussion on blasphemy. Joan Bakewell moderates the discussion featuring Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry. I expected philippics against religion from Hitchens and I wasn't disappointed. The surprise was Fry who is exceptionally articulate. (I knew was intelligent and that he'd be funny.) It was an absolute pleasure to listen to him - when Hitchens would allow him. hehe He has the same slow, deliberate way of talking that William F. Buckley does. I loved that he would expound upon a proposition by drawing on history as well as throwing in jokes as well.

No comments: