It has been almost 3 years since I've run into salt & vinegar pumpkin seeds so I was looking forward to these Premium Orchard Oven Roasted Salt & Vinegar Pumpkin Seeds. My last batch were by Top Fox from Illinois while these hail from California.
The first difference between the two was obvious from the outset: these still have the shell on. So instead of the green of the seed itself, these are tan. Some of what I assume are salt crystals are visible here with some having clumps of the stuff on them. The aroma is pumpkin seed with a hint of vinegar tang.
Taking several at once, I tasted an earthy-roasty pumpkin seed flavor, what I think of as a normal level of saltiness, and a near homeopathic sourness. However, I discovered that those seeds with the crystalline clumps were not endowed with extra salt so much as extra vinegar seasoning. These were highly tasty.
These seeds could use more vinegar tanginess but, if you get one of those seasoning clumps, you're in like Flynn. Plus they're high in fiber.

No comments:
Post a Comment