17 August, 2005

Dear Dad

Hey Old Man,

Happy what would have been your 68th birthday! I'm not sure what it's like where you are but the high in Natchitoches is forecasted to be 93. Hotter than Hades! But you might just be in Hell so perhaps 93 would be nice and cool.

Things here are going well. I'm excited because I'll be leaving for Indianapolis after work with a couple friends. We're going to GenCon - the gaming convention that Carl has been attending for years. We'll meet up with him and friends from Chicago at some point. It's 4 days long and will provide a nice break from work and a nice change of scenery. It'll just be nice to get out of Madison for a while and go somewhere new. Not that Indy is the Elyisian Fields or anything but I've never spent any time there - just driven through it.

And so, while I'm really excited and anxious about the convention, I'm also in a pensive mood - thinking about today, what should have been your day. So, old man, wherever you are, here's to thinking of you.

Palmer

No comments: