06 August, 2005

Skating Away...

This past week has been weird and wonderful. All week, it felt as if my sexual energy had gone from being this pressure that required release to being transformed into a general feeling of vivaciousness. All last week I was hyper and manic and bounced around in my chair at work. I spent a lot of yesterday afternoon trading e-mails with a stunning blonde over at the regional office. I'd gone there earlier to install some RAM for the woman who sits next to her and had brought both of them chocolate. The wrappers had love poems printed on the inside. The hottie had asked me a question about her home PC so I did some research after getting back to my office and e-mailed her - thus began the exchange. She's 24 and tall as a tree...mmm...Yeah, I'm old and she's got a boyfriend, but so what? I can have fun, right? What amazed me was how she revealed her relationship with her co-worker - the woman whose PC got the extra memory. Apparently the woman next to the hottie is actually fairly cold towards the hottie and they don't have the best (nor the worst) of working relationships. However, when I come a-callin', the woman gets all cheerful and is strangely nice to the hottie. This bit of info I did not expect. Plus I also flirted heavily with a couple other co-workers and was again admonished by Ed to refrain from dipping my pen in the company inkwell. While all of this flirting certainly had an I-want-to-get-into-your-pants aspect to it, the greater feeling was one of joy and gregariousness. Sort of flirting for flirting's sake. Talking to all these pretty women and getting all mushy inside just made me feel so alive!

I got really stoned on caffeine last night and came up with the idea of trying to write and entry about how the last week has been for me. I failed. But I did want to post a big part of it. I listened to the song "Skating Away On the Thin Ice of the New Day" about 8 billion times over the course of the past few days as it somehow captures something about how I've been feeling lately. It's not so much the lyrics but rather the music. There is no psychological explanation that I can offer to explain the effect it (and several other tunes) had on me the past several days. All I know is that it took me somewhere else while I was sitting at my desk. I air drummed, waved my hands about maniacally, sang to it - it just made me feel incredibly good. There's just something about the confluence of the marimba and the accordian and the guitar and everything that put energy into my veins from head to toe. And bits in-between.

It's a Quicktime file that's about 7MB so hopefully anyone interested in it has a broadband connection. All the head bobbing and weaving, all the goofy facial expressions - that was me this week.

"Skating Away..."

No comments: